Just met Ernie Ball’s Granddaughter, Tiaday…and got some picks (& pics) of course!
Guess who I’m going to see tonight in St. Louis???
She speaks in verses, prophecies and curses.
They listened to Meshuggah the other day…
Manson’s got a new *gasp* controversial teaser.
I’m falling in love with this band all over again…♥
I don’t know about any of you, but over the years of attending concerts, I’ve developed a ritual of sorts.
I take off work early so I can go home get ready. I put on albums of whoever I’m going to see and listen over and over until it finally hits me: “OMG! I’M GONNA BE IN THE SAME ROOM/PROXIMITY AS _____!!! *fangirls*” If it’s a metal show, I paint my eyes with dark shadow and ruby red on my lips. I throw on an appropriate black band tee, grab cash for a new tee at the schwag table, and blast music on the drive to the venue.
I’m bringing a new friend with me to see Ghost tonight in St. Louis at The Pageant. She’s a Metal Virgin. I hope she has as much fun as I normally do!
If you haven’t seen Ghost yet, you must! They sound of the clergy practically screams revivalist 70’s Heavy Metal.
It’s been a week since #thebestweekendever at the First Annual Chicago Open Air. I was going to write a huge Recap post of Day 1, 2, & 3, but instead I’ll post some movies I made using Magisto and mention a few of the random highlights.
- The dude gettin’ it hardcore during Drowning Pool…about that Metal hair man.
- Watching Butcher Babies’ “The Climb of Life“…Jesus Needs More Babies For His Little War Machine, afterall…
- Maria Brink’s costumes ❤ ❤ ❤
- Kuma’s Corner…The Zeppelin burger…ermagerd…
- The double rainbow in the afternoon
- All the fucking fire during Rammstein’s set. It was like a Dethklok show. I can literally die happy.
- Taking the day off and hanging out with my cat
- Hatching a Pokemon egg while walking to Toyota Park from our parking spot literally the next town over
- Watching KoRn kill their set for the second time in my life
- Not being stuck in the parking lot for over an hour
- Late Night waffles at IHOP with Baby Bro as the couple seated next to us critiqued their Metal weekend and trashed Disturbed
- Changing my opinion of BabyMetal after they yelled “BIGGA CIR-CLL!”, making a hand gesture to signal to the pit to grow wider…they finally sold me.
- GIMMIE CHOCOLATE!!
- Being disappointed in Manson’s pisspoor performance..He’s done way better shows.
- Finding the best kept secret spot of the arena so Baby Bro and I could quickly navigate between watching the 2nd stage from the arena balcony to the main stage
- Watching the 9 guys of Slipknot perform in rhythm flawlessly
- Watching post-spinal surgery Corey Taylor (Bae <3) amp up the charisma
- Riding the Lightning all the way home from ChiTown…crazy storms were brewing during Slipknot’s set